Pono is pleased to offer extended day hours for enrolled children until 4pm, Monday–Friday.
This play-based program provides children time to explore Pono’s thoughtful collection of games, toys, and books, and to interact with other Pono friends. Children may also nap or rest quietly. Extended day hours are led by Pono’s teaching staff.
The rate for Extended Day is $15/hour.
Extended Day Program Terms of Service:
1. The Parent(s)/Guardian(s) hereby enroll the Student in Extended Day on the selected days for the Fall 2019 term.
2. Requests for changing or adding hours need to be sent to Maysaa or Kate. Changing/adding hours after the first day of the term is not encouraged or guaranteed. Same day or last minute changes/additions are reserved for emergencies only and are to be sent to Maysaa or Kate. The fee for last minute or short term requests is $20/hour plus a surcharge for using a credit card. We will try our best but cannot guarantee such requests.
3. The obligation to pay the fee for the full term is unconditional and no portion of such fee paid or outstanding will be refunded or canceled under any conditions after the first day of the term. There are no discounts or refunds for planned absences. The rate for hours that host more than one child is $15/hour. The rate is $20/hour for hours that host only one child. There is a surcharge for using a credit card.
4. Continued enrollment of the Student is contingent upon Pono having the resources to meet the needs of the student, Pono having the needed number of children enrolled to run the program, and to the adherence by the Student and the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) to the policies of Pono. Pono reserves the right to expel Student at its sole discretion.
5. The Parent(s)/Guardian(s) authorize Pono to arrange for emergency medical care for the Student. Pono will make reasonable efforts to reach the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) or their designated representative in the event of such an emergency.
6. The Parent(s)/Guardian(s) authorize Pono to use the Student’s portrait or likeness in Pono publications and in other selected media.
7. Late Pickup Policy:
If a parent or caregiver is ten or more minutes late, the following late fees will apply:
10–15 minutes late: $10
16–30 minutes late: $30
31–45 minutes late: $60
46–60 minutes late: $90
We will send an invoice for any late pickup fees. Parents will have the option to pay by PayPal or Chase QuickPay.
Pono parent, David D'Alessio, volunteered to pick up children if parents contact him and see if he is available to do so. David (Alara's dad) live close to Pono. David's number is 520-975-0709. Please note that any parents who are interested in this option need to update their Pick Up and Travel Authorization Form in writing at Pono. Please let Kate know whenever someone other than you or your usual caregiver is picking up your child.
Please let us know if you are running late so that we can plan accordingly and let your child know when to expect you. If we do not hear from you within 15 minutes, we will contact you. If we do not hear from you/cannot reach you in 45 minutes, we will call your Emergency Contact and ask them to pick up your child.